- Data from registration of your CV profile and updates of the same via “My page”, and IP address.
- If you apply for a position or register your profile through the “Search with LinkedIn” feature or the “Search with jobreg” function, the system will collect available details from your profile in the service you are using, which will then be stored on your profile.
- We gather data in an aggregated form on visitors to the page, e.g. traffic and location data, etc.
- In some instances, we save email correspondence when you contact us.
How we use your data
The data we gather is used when necessary to:
- Provide our services to you, and to communicate concerning those services.
- Evaluate your qualifications and facilitation in connection with current and future recruitment or staffing assignments.
- Inform you of relevant opportunities and benefits we offer.
- Fulfil our legal obligations.
- We log IP addresses for security reasons, so that candidates can see a list of the IP addresses that have logged into their account.
Data Controller and Data Processor
Smarte Hoder is the Data Controller, who owns the data entered into the system. In its role as Data Processor, Recruitment Manager AS is responsible for the system solution, and develops, runs and maintains the system in which the data are stored. Recruitment Manager AS uses subcontractors to perform data processing work. There is a separate data processing agreement between Smarte Hoder and Recruitment Manager AS that regulates what information the Data Processor has access to, and how they have to be processed.
As mentioned above, Smarte Hoder will process your personal data. Data about you may also be presented to customers and other partners by Smarte Hoder, and when the Data Controller or Data Processor are obliged to do so as a result of statutory requirements. To be able to use your data efficiently, and to provide you with the best services, it may be necessary to send data to third parties in certain instances. Such third parties have separate and independent guidelines for data protection. Smarte Hoder is not responsible for the content and activities of related services. Nevertheless, we do want to protect the integrity of the services we provide, and welcome feedback in these areas.
Access to, change or erase your personal data
When registered in the system, you have the right to demand access, rectification and erasure as described in Sections 18, 27 and 28 of the Data Protection Act. Any requests made by you must be fulfilled free of charge and within 30 days. If you want to withdraw your acceptance, simply delete your own profile. Candidates can delete their own profiles at any time from “Your profile” in the system, or by contacting Smarte Hoder for assistance. You can also change the details you have entered in the system from your profile. If you would like access to the data Smarte Hoder have on you, or if you have any questions or input concerning our processing of personal data, please contact your contact person with us or mail to Smarte Hoder.
When customers contact Smarte Hoder, your contact details (name, email address and telephone number) will be saved in our databases, so that we can communicate with you and keep in contact. We register the details necessary on which of our services you are interested in. All personal data we save is for the purposes of being able to communicate with you, and provide the best possible customer experience.
We register partner/supplier contact persons with their name, email address and telephone number. We also register the necessary details on the contractual relationship we have, and for following up on it.
If you have any questions about how we have processed your personal data, please contact us. If you want to complain, please contact our CEO/Chairman of the Board, who will deal with the matter. You can also complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.